DEPENDENCY ADVOCACY CENTER CONTRACT SOCIAL WORKER
DAC is seeking a social worker to accept cases on a contract basis. The number of cases the contract social worker will receive varies depending upon need. The social worker will assist parents being represented by DAC attorneys. The primary purpose of the social worker is to provide clinical expertise to support the legal position being presented to the court. This may include providing expert testimony in litigation, writing a report to the court on the parent’s behalf, and providing clinical assessment information. Furthermore, the social worker may provide help in navigating the system to those clients with heightened needs. The position requires that the candidate be able to work independently. DAC will make available and expects the contract social worker to participate in trainings to develop a deeper understanding of relevant systemic and social issues.
- Graduate degree
- Demonstrated commitment to public interest issues
- Ability to flourish in a high-energy environment
- Ability to multi-task and be a productive team player
- Ability to work compassionately and respectfully with clients in crisis
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, writing, interviewing, and organizational skills
- Bilingual skills preferred
- Experience working with individuals from multi-ethnic communities
Compensation will be provided on a case by case basis pursuant to a fixed fee schedule to be discussed with the applicant during the interview process.
Please send cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to 408-516-3812.